top of page

Enhanced Inspections F.A.Q

What are Enhanced inspections? 


In Pennsylvania, certain vehicles must pass an enhanced inspection for titling purposes. Enhanced inspections are required for the following types of vehicles: reconstructed, flood, specially constructed, recovered theft, collectible, modified, and street rods.

What do I need for Enhanced Inspections:

Well it depends on the type of Enhanced Inspection you need. Each type requires different requirements.

Below are the most popular types of Enhanced Inspections that we do and a list of items we will need to complete the Inspection for you.


Salvage Certificate vehicles ( Vehicles Bought back from a total loss or Auction ):

Salvage Certificate from Penndot

Any paid invoices for parts and or labor used to repair vehicle. All Invoices must be marked PAID 

Copy of drivers license for whoever is titling vehicle.

Vehicles with out of state Rebuilt Title:

Title branding Rebuilt Title

Copy of drivers license for whoever is titling vehicle.

Home Made Trailers:

Certificate of Origin ( For Kit made trailers )

Complete description of how trailer was assembled on paper. May be hand written or typed and e-mailed to us to print out.

Any Invoices for parts used in construction of trailer.

Weight Slip signed by a weighmaster. This is the empty weight of your trailer. (Hokes feed mill up the street from us can do this for a small fee) 

Copy of drivers license for whoever is titling vehicle.

How long does the inspection take?

The inspection can take a couple hours so we recommend dropping it and leaving it with us. Now at this point your vehicle is not legal to be driven to and from the inspection station as it is an unregistered vehicle. If you need it towed we can arrange a tow for you to get it to our shop and you can leave it with us while you process the paperwork to get the temp registration. 

Once we are done the inspection you are more than welcome to leave your vehicle on our lot while you take the form we provide you with to any online tag & title processor to get your temp registration as your paperwork will have to be forwarded to Penndot for processing. 


Once you get your temp registration you can bring that back with you for us to perform your annual inspection and emissions testing if your vehicle requires it. Some restrictions apply. In the event your vehicle is not ready for emissions testing you will need to drive the vehicle for a period of time to reset the emissions monitors. 

bottom of page